Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nauvoo


I was in Nauvoo on a family trip. well lets back track a little, I was on a two week road trip with my family. Yeah i know what you are all thinking, what the...! My parents love road trips and this trip started out being a family reunion that was gonna take place this summer in Nauvoo. Needless to say that failed, due to financial reasons and scheduling conflicts. (Side note) There is great motivation for grandparents to see their grandkids especially if they live 1300 miles away and no other children have given them any... thats another story. SO we decided to go to Nauvoo this summer anyway with all the single kids in the family namely my brother David my sister Natalie and myself.

We couldn't just fly to Chicago or Iowa or St. Louis and drive the 2 hrs to Nauvoo that would have been too easy. To explain, my family is very competitive so we are having this little competition. The first one to visit the 50 states in our great union wins. Wins what, i don't know... bragging rights for all time. This all started when my older brother nathan decided to drive most of the continental U.S. and he has visited 48 states over the course of his 10 years of marriage. I having a undying competitive spirit told him that i would visit all 50 states before he did. (I had only been to 23 states at the time) thats how competitive i am. So the competition began, my sister natalie jumped in to the competition having this crazy idea when planning this trip that while were were in the midwest why don't we just knock off 10 states in the meantime. EERRRR (scratching of a record), 10 states in two weeks! my family is certifiable but we all went along with it. My mom and Natalie planned the whole thing out, fly to denver and then drive.... just drive. We saw some of the most beautiful countryside in Colorado, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Kansas, and Missouri. In future posts i will give you a run down, of my extensive travels this summer

No comments: